Colleen Clarke, B.A.
11 Keystone Avenue
Toronto, On M4C 1G9
Objective: A senior level Career Management position
A highly recognized professional speaker, career specialist, workplace coach and writer. Possesses extensive expertise creating and delivering workshops and keynote addresses throughout Canada and the United States. Displays a humorous, energetic and inspiring delivery approach with a focus on the “how to.” Inspires focus and direction with clients in a coaching or career counseling role; navigates coachees toward recognizing and achieving their professional wonderment.
|Myers Briggs Step 1 &;2||Resume Writing||Mock Interview practice|
|Emotional Intelligence, EQ-i||Work Smithing||Networking|
|Public Speaking skills||Marketing “Me Inc.”||Presentation Skills|
For a complete list of topics developed and presented, see Addendum.
- Craft clean, straight forward resumes for every level of business and in every industry; students, government, technical, trades, media and professional.
- Pioneered a weekly career advice column for Toronto Metro and 24 Hours commuter newspapers for eight years on job search and workplace issues; published in several trade magazines.
- Responded to letters from readers about work search, moving to Canada and workplace issues as Monster.ca’s “ Ask Colleen” columnist for nine years.
- Wrote weekly career and work search articles for Workopolis.com for six years.
- Published author of Networking How to Creatively Tap Your People Resources, 1993, has been revised and released as Networking How to Build Relationships That Count, 2006 and an e-book, How To Get a Job and Keep It.
- Contributing author of a chapter, “If You Aren’t Appearing You are Disappearing,” in the Mastermind series of books, The Power of Mentorship.
- Develop succinct and articulate proposals and RFP’s for training and speaking assignments for government, associations and corporate clients.
Training & Development
- Present seminars and workshops to a diversified client base in every aspect of industry and business in an inspiring and humorous manner.
- Presented one to three day seminars for SkillPath Seminars, throughout the United States and Canada, consistently achieved above average evaluations for five years.
- Research and develop material, author and present keynote addresses to any size of group with panache, humor and fervor; a relevant and engaging storyteller.
- Perform needs analysis to determine learning objectives for presentations; design and create participant manuals and power point presentations.
- Present over 30 different one hour Lunch ‘n’ Learn wellness/soft skills workshops for four EAP providers as well as deliver my own material and topics.
- Highly skilled in the analysis and facilitation of assessment tools Myers Briggs, MBTI, and emotional intelligence, EQ-i2.0, both one on one and in groups.
- Conducted two day career transition workshops for outplacement firms, for 10 years, in a highly solicitous and articulate manner. Deeply sensitive to the audiences’ state of mind and providing as much one on one time as possible.
- Designed, developed and delivered Resume Writing and The Advice Call workshops to aspiring consultants for a HRDC sponsored program, ‘Consulting as a Career Option,’ editing each resume at the end of each session, over 65 resumes every six weeks.
- Designed and delivered Resume and Interview workshops for the OPS.
Counseling & Coaching
- Provide one on one career and workplace counseling to multi level clients including resume writing, interviewing skills, networking, marketing and small business start up.
- Possess an international clientele of professionals in transition.
- Coach clients on workplace and career issues to assist them with bettering their workplace performance and deliverables and to make tough career mapping decisions.
- Perform assessment testing using the MBTI, Step 1 and 2; Personality Dimensions and Emotional Intelligence, EQ-i2.0, one on one and in groups in a highly knowledgeable and captivating manner.
|Corporate trainer/career specialist||1991 – present|
|• Murray Axmith – outplacement||1992 – 2000|
|• SkillPath Seminars – US training company||1993 – 1998|
|• MICA Management – training company||1995 – 2004|
|• CAACO – HRDC program||1999 – 2004|
|• Canadian Management Centre||2004 – 2008|
|• Shepell / FGI – EAP||2004 – present|
|• Aspiria – EAP||2014 – present|
|ComPsych and Ceridian – EAP||2016|
|Founder and Executive Director, E.A.R.N.||1990 – 2000|
|Sales & Marketing positions||14 years|
Bachelor of Recreation Administration
University of Alberta, Edmonton
Myer Briggs Typology Indicator Step 1 & 11, Psychometrics Canada – qualified
Emotional Intelligence, EQ-i2.0, MHS – qualified
Personality Dimensions, Career Lifeskills – qualified
Certified Workplace Coach, Adler Institute
TESL – Oxford Seminars
First Level Sommelier – ISG
Beginner Intermediate French
National Communication Coaching Association of Canada, Board Member
Ontario Association of Career Management – Board Member
Strategic Capability Network – member and volunteer
Women’s Executive Network – ex-member
YEDI – York Entrepreneurship Development Institute Coach
Wellspring Career Counselor volunteer
CNIB Home Visit volunteer
Toronto Beaches Lions Club
Community Police Liaison Committee, Division 55
Fitness, volunteering, travel, oenophile
Courses Developed and Trained In – 1 hour, half and full day
- Improving Communication or Team Building or Leadership or Sales Using the Myers Briggs Type Indicator
- Are You Having an Emotionally Intelligent Life? – EQ-i ®
- The Respectful Workplace
- Influencing Without Authority
- Business Etiquette
- Networking How to Build Relationships That Count
- Networking: It’s Telling Not Selling
- Only Wet Babies Welcome Change
- Treasure Mapping – setting goals with pictures from magazines
- Speak Up I Can’t Hear You – Listening
- Why Can’t You be More Like Me? – understanding communication & behavior
- Stand Up and Wow Someone – presentation skills
- Developing a Successful Mindset
- Up Your Value Proposition: Getting Organized
- Every Office Needs a Rubber Chicken
- The Advice Call and the 3 Minute Presentation
- Resume writing
- Interview skills
- Visibility Networking
- Netiquette – Networking Etiquette
- Networking Ice breaker for conferences
- Networking: How to Build Relationships That Count
- Topping Up Your Communication
- Are You Having an Emotionally Intelligent Life? – EQ-i
- Developing a Successful Mindset
Lunch ‘n’ Learn topics
- Change Management
- Stress Management
- Juggling Life’s Priorities
- Time Management and Goal Setting
- Business Etiquette and Networking Etiquette
Note: Many Lunch and Learn topics are available as webinars.
Visit www.colleenclarke.com for a complete listing of training and speaking topics.