There are certain words on a resume that are totally useless, that do not evoke any visuals in the reader’s mind. Replace them with an actual action verb the reader can see or imagine you doing.
Stay away from words like:
- Responsible for
- Ability to
Replace them with:
- Handled: Counted, liaised, problem solved
- Worked: collaborated, created, team led
- Assisted: start with the verb you assisted someone in doing
- Responsible for: same thing, start with the verb
- Ability to: this means you could do the job if asked but do not necessarily have the experience. If you can do the required task, use the skill to start the sentence.